I have met quite a lot of people since living here in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I am often asked some interesting questions which makes me wonder what people think of me as soon as they first meet me. Every time you meet someone for the first time you can only be polite or nice by not being so quick to judging them. Right?? You may only get a vibe about what they are kinda like on the first meeting......but then again it depends on the circumstances surrounding our first encounter when we first met. Right??
In my case, it is different. You might meet me for the first time and really think i am mute (no seriously). My friend's brother would always tease me for a long time because every time he was around, i barely ever said a word (ever) and it was nothing personal or intentional. It was funny because i knew i was the total opposite of that. He was always the life of the party too. I couldn't even compete with that. Plus he was a lot more fun than anybody else present there. So today i have decided to put together a few things some of my friends and family may not even know about me (Yikes). This was based on questions i am asked a lot or just plain ol' me being me. Feel free to judge, but take it easy now.
1. Born in 1977 (You do the math).
2. I am a perfectionist to the core. I can't sleep until i get it right. (Blame my zodiac sign).
3. I am boarder line OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I scrub my hands every second i touch almost anything especially in public places. I will spare the details on others (I blame my mom, she was a nurse and said everything had germs/bacteria and i believed).
4. I finally started driving only four years ago at a very "tender age" (Come on, you do the math and i blame it on bad drivers on the road). I got tired of being picked up all the time and leaving a silly party on someone else's terms.
5. I can't swim to save my life...or yours (I blame it on the size of my head. My head can't float).
6. I am very shy. I was once presented a "surprise" award at a former job for outstanding service ( hello!!) and i completely went up there to accept the award literally staring down at the ground the whole time. Not once did i look up at anything or anybody. Not the 100 billion people watching, not during the speech about me and not even the presenter of the award (OMG!). I was shocked! I was telling the ground to open up and eat me. Please! (I blame it on the company. They set me up).
7. I tend to eat a lot of white food a bit excessively (oh boy)..... except for coconut (eeww). I love white rice, extra milk/cream, extra mayonnaise, white yam, everything potato, white bread, Alfredo pasta, white sugar, vanilla ice cream, I eat dream love sushi. (I blame it on all the awesome friends and family who introduced me to this lifestyle).
8. I love underdogs. Being so unassuming is a very attractive character (I blame Usain Bolt. He is just that good).
9. For the umpteenth time, i am not her nanny. I am her mom. I promise (I blame the weather).
Thank you all for reading. Please share.